Event Date:Start at 8:00 AM
October 5, 2020
lun., 5 de octubre de 2020
08:00 – 08:45 CDT
The objective of the session is to kick off not only the online meetings from 5 to 7 October known as “ Road to the Forum “, but also to begin a road that will ultimately lead to the face-to-face Forum in April 2021. The speakers will briefly have the opportunity to share how, from their cities and territories, they have shaped the notions of coexistence and peace. That is, from a general viewpoint, what the guiding principles of their peace policies are. For example, the Government of Mexico City has focused its efforts and resources on reducing inequalities in the territory since the beginning of its administration. This is reflected in social, cultural, mobility and economic development policies, among others, which seek to reduce these gaps and thus generate the conditions to improve coexistence in the territories. In addition, it will be the opportunity for Mexico City to officially be entrusted by the International Organizing Committee to host the Third Edition of the Forum.
● The opening session will last 45 minutes.
● This will be broadcast via YouTube and Facebook, and will be recorded to be uploaded to the website, along with a report and video summary.
● A moderator will introduce the panel and give the floor to the speakers.
● Speakers will have up to 5 minutes to make their interventions.
● There will be no Q&A session.
CHAIR: Dra. Ana Laura Magaloni
- Claudia López, Mayor of Bogotá
- Ada Colau, Mayor of Barcelona and UCLG Special Envoy to the United Nations
- Claudia Sheinbaum, Mayor of Mexico City
- Juan Ramón de la Fuente, Embajador de México ante las Naciones Unidas
- Mario Rodriguez Casas, Director del Instituto Politécnico Nacional
- Silvia Giorguli Saucedo, Presidenta de El Colegio de México
- Eduardo Peñalosa Castro, Rector de la Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana
- Enrique Graue Wiechers, Rector de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México